Its what dreams are made of, strawberries, cream and pastry! Wow your guests with this strawberry treat…….
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 cup Strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 420g pkt Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Castor Sugar
- 2 tbls Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Fresh Strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 215 deg C.
- Cut Pastry sheet into 6 rectangles
- Place each pastry rectangle onto baking paper on a baking tray.
- Bake for 15 min or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Set aside.
- Combine the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan over a medium heat.
- Mash mixture with a masher until the strawberries are softened and the sugar dissolves.
- Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes or until thick.
- Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and cream together until smooth, about 3 minutes with a hand mixer.
- Set Aside
- Split each pastry into 2 layers, making 12 in all.
- Evenly devide the cream cheese mixture between each of the bottom layers and spread with a knife.
- Top cream mixture with a layer of sliced strawberries.
- Top strawberries with the strawberry filling.
- Top with the top puff pastry and sprinkle with icing sugar.