- 125g Butter, diced
- 170g Sweetener (rice malt syrup, maple or honey)
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 120g Mixed seeds (ie. sunflower, pepitas etc)
- 120g Wholemeal Spelt Flour (I used plain white flour)
- 200g Rolled Oats or Quinoa Flakes
- 50g Desiccated Coconut
- 1 heaped tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 1/2 cup finely diced Strawberries
- 2 tbls Sweetener (rice malt syrup, maple or honey)
- 1 tbls Butter
- 1 tbls Chia Seeds
- Pre heat oven to 180 deg C.
- In a small pot melt the butter and sweetener, mixing to combine. Add the bicarb and stir well.
- I pulse the seeds in a food processor to break them up and make a finer slice, you don’t have to do this.
- Mix the seeds, flour, oats, coconut and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add the butter/sweetener mix and mix to combine.
- Line a small tin (27cmx18cm) with baking paper. Press 2/3 of the mixture into the base of the tin and press down firmly with wet hands and bake for 10 minutes. The remaining 1/3 form the crumble top, just set aside.
- While the base is baking, put all the filling ingredients into the small pot used in the first step.
- Simmer until the fruit starts to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Once the base is cooked, top with the fruit mixture and with wet hands, scatter the rest of the crumble over the top of the fruit.
- Bake for approximately 20minutes or until just golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the pan, refrigerate until firm and then cut into slices. This will make it easier to cut.