Stawberry Panna Cotta
- 455g Strawberries
- 1/2 cup Full Fat Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Gelatin Powder
- 1/8tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- Puree the strawberries until they are very smooth. Push the puree through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds and set aside. Place your ramekins or vessels on a baking tray and set aside.
- Add the milk to a medium saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin evenly over the surface and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Add the salt, sugar and pureed strawberries to the gelatin mixture. Heat over high heat, stirring constantly until the mixture reaches 57deg C. This should take about 2 minutes.
- While stirring constantly, add in the vanilla and heavy cream.Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl set over ice. Stir frequently until the mixture cools to 10 deg C, about 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a large measuring cup or pitcher and distribute evenly among the ramekins. Cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap, making sure not to disturb the surface of the cream. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Unmold from ramekins and serve immediately.